What is Hair Transplant?
Hair Transplant is an advanced surgical procedure where hair follicles from one part of the body (generally called the “donor site”) are extracted and are transplanted onto the part of the body (generally called the “recipient site”) where the person is suffering from baldness.
How does a Hair Transplant work?
Simply, in Hair Transplant hair is taken from the hairy area and transfers to an area where you don’t have hair.
It’s typically taken from the back of your head, but can also be taken from other parts of your body.
Before starting a transplant, your surgeon sterilizes the area where the hair will be removed and numbs it with a local anaesthetic.
You can also request sedation to stay asleep for the procedure.
Types of Hair Transplant Methods: FUT and FUE
Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT)
FUT is sometimes known as follicular unit strip surgery (FUSS). To perform a FUT procedure, your surgeon follows these steps:
1. Using a scalpel, the surgeon removes a piece of your scalp, usually from the back of your head.
2. The strip size is typically about 6 to 10 inches long but can stretch from ear to ear.
3. They close the area where the scalp was removed with stitches.
4. Your surgeon and their assistants separate the scalp strip into smaller pieces with a scalpel.
5. They may split the piece up into as many as 2,000 smaller fragments, called grafts. Some of these grafts may contain only one hair each.
6. Using a needle or blade, the surgeon makes small holes in your scalp where hair will be transplanted.
7. The surgeon inserts hairs from the removed piece of the scalp into the puncture holes. This step is called grafting.
8. They then cover the surgical sites with bandages or gauze.
The specific number of grafts you receive depends on the:
• Type of hair you have
• Size of transplant site
• Quality (including thickness) of hair
• Hair colour
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
To perform a FUE procedure, your surgeon takes these steps:
1. They shave off hair on the back of your head.
2. The surgeon then takes individual follicles out of the scalp skin.
3. You’ll see tiny marks where each follicle was removed.
4. As with the FUT procedure, the surgeon makes small holes in your scalp and grafts hair follicles into the holes.
5. They then cover the surgical site with bandages or gauze.
FUT and FUE may each take several hours to several days to complete. In part, this depends on the amount of work performed by the surgeon.
You will go home the same day of the procedure.
Once the surgery is done, your surgeon carefully removes any bandages. The area may be swollen, so your surgeon might inject triamcinolone into the area to keep the swelling down.
You’ll likely feel pain or soreness at the transplant site as well as in the area where hair was taken from. For the next few days, your surgeon may prescribe:
• Pain medications, such as ibuprofen
• Antibiotics to prevent infections
• Anti-inflammatories, such as an oral steroid, to relieve swelling
• Medications such as finasteride (Propecia) or minoxidil (Rogaine) to help stimulate hair growth.
Here are some aftercare tips for Hair Transplant Surgery:
• Wait a few days after the surgery to wash your hair.
• Only use mild shampoos for the first few weeks.
• You should be able to return to work or normal activities in about 3 days.
• Don’t press a brush or comb down over the new grafts for about 3 weeks.
• Don’t wear any hats or pullover shirts and jackets until your doctor says it’s OK.
• Don’t exercise for about a week.
Don’t worry if some hairs fall out. This is part of the process. The transplanted hair may not grow much or seamlessly match the hair around it for a few months.
PRP Loss Treatment
PRP (platelet-rich plasma) therapy for hair loss is a three-step medical treatment in which a person’s blood is drawn, processed, and then injected into the scalp.
Platelet-Rich-Plasma (PRP) is concentrated blood plasma that contains approximately 3 to 5 times the number of platelets found in normal circulating blood.
PRP Therapy Process:
PRP Therapy is a three-step process. Most PRP therapy requires three treatments 4–6 weeks apart.
Maintenance treatments are required every 4–6 months.
Your blood is drawn — typically from your arm — and put into a centrifuge (a machine that spins rapidly to separate fluids of different densities).
After about 10 minutes in the centrifuge, your blood will have separated into three layers:
• Platelet-Poor Plasma
• Platelet-Rich Plasma
• Red Blood Cells
The platelet-rich plasma is drawn up into a syringe and then injected into areas of the scalp that need increased hair growth.
There hasn’t been enough research to prove whether PRP is effective. It’s also unclear for whom — and under what circumstances — it’s most effective.
According to a recent study trusted Source, “Although PRP has sufficient theoretical scientific basis to support its use in hair restoration, hair restoration using PRP is still at its infancy. Clinical evidence is still weak.”
Types of Hair Transplants in Bhopal
- Head Hair Transplant
- Beard Transplant
- Eyebrow Transplant
- Beard to Head Transplant
- Body Hair Transplant (BHT)
Head Hair Transplant in Bhopal:
This is a general Hair Transplant process where, the grafts (another name for the hair follicle, as a group of hairs) will be taken from the backside of the head, and implanted in the front bald area of the scalp. Generally, the hairs at the backside of the head are called permanent hairs.
Beard Transplant in Bhopal:
We, at Aashraya Hair Transplant Clinic, are proud of ourselves for doing a beard hair transplant in Bhopal. We take hairs from the donor area of the head and implant them in the beard and moustache area according to the needs of the patient. Beard Transplant in Bhopal is done for shaping and to cover uneven hair growth. Doing a beard transplant in combination with laser hair removal, we can have the desired moustache we always wanted. Here the hairs should be transplanted in the direction of hair growth direction.
Beard to Head Transplant in Bhopal:
Though the common donor area of the head, which is the back of the head, is permanent, sometimes it is not suitable to extract hairs from that area. The reason being there may not be grafted with 2 or 3 hairs available or that could be the second session of hair transplant (which means some grafts have already been taken) and too much extraction from that area will make it look very low-density area. So in these situations, the solution is to extract grafts from the beard area and Beard to Head Hair Transplant is done accordingly in Aashraya Hair Transplant Clinic Bhopal.
Eyebrow Transplant in Bhopal:
The Hair Transplant can be done for the head, beard and moustache, then why not hair transplant for eyebrows? Yes, eyebrow transplant can also be done in Aashraya Hair Transplant Clinic Bhopal. Same as beard transplant, here also hairs are taken from the donor area of the head and transplanted on the eyebrow in the direction of the hair growth. As you can probably guess, any shape and density of the eyebrow are possible with this technique which is often done with laser hair removal to remove unwanted hairs. Again very few hair transplant clinics in Bhopal do this like us.
Body Hair Transplant (BHT) in Bhopal:
Same as a beard to head transplant, here the hairs can be taken from the chest or legs or hands or any other body part for the hair transplant. The body hair transplant procedure is quite tedious and cumbersome. The cost of a body hair transplant in Bhopal is also higher than the normal hair transplant cost in Bhopal.
Advantages of Hair Transplant in Bhopal
• Hair transplantation is the solution where you can grow hairs on the bald area.
• The transplanted hair can be cut, trimmer or shaved.
• Works for men, women and old age people.
• Can be done for beard, moustache and eyebrows.
Procedure Before Hair Transplant
The Doctor will check your scalp. He examines the donor area for healthy grafts. After that, he will determine the number of grafts required upon checking the extent of baldness. The patient then will be asked to get blood reports, ECG, and physical fitness certificate. All these are general checkups before proceeding to the procedure and most of all the people pass these.
Do’s and Dont's Before Hair Transplant
- Don’t drink coffee/tea 2 days before hair transplant.
- Don’t eat spicy food and oily items 2 days before hair transplant.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption for a week before hair transplant.
- Take the medicines prescribed by the doctor before the procedure.
- Daily wash the scalp using the prescribed shampoo. (Number of days will be informed by the doctor).
Do’s and Dont's After Hair Transplant
- Avoid dust and sun exposure at least one week or as prescribed by the surgeon.
- While going out always wear a surgical cap.
- Do not wear a helmet for a month post hair transplantation.
- Do not smoke or drink alcohol for 15 days post-procedure of hair transplantation.
- Do not touch the recipient area till the day of washing it.
- Start daily washing donor area with drinking water the from very next day of hair transplant.
- Daily wash the recipient area after 7 days post-procedure.
- Swimming and gymming activities should not be done for 2 months post hair transplantation.
- Take regular medications prescribed by the surgeon.
- Use the shampoo prescribed by the doctor.
- Follow the diet plan given by the doctor for good hair growth.